A Death Notice will be posted in the “Current Services” section of our web site. You may also choose to have it printed in the newspaper. When you have the arrangement conference, your funeral director would be glad to assist you in composing the death notice and will make arrangements with the newspaper for you.
The following information is customarily included in a Death Notice:
- Full name of the deceased (nickname could be included)
- City or town of residence
- Some indication of the nature of the death – such as, “suddenly,” or “after a long illness”
- List of immediate family members of the deceased, specifying if the they are alive or dead, through the terms “deceased was pre-deceased by his sister…” or “is survived by his wife”
- Locations and times for the visitation and funeral service
- Any memorable way of honouring the deceased, as by mentioning personal achievements, hobbies and interests, military service.